- 4, 8-ounce boneless, skinless, trimmed chicken breasts
- 3 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 ounces washed, sliced mushrooms
- 16 ounces Mamma Lombardi’s Marinara Sauce
- 4 0unces Grated Romano Cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Coat chicken breasts in 1 ounce of extra virgin olive oil and set aside.
In a 2 quart sauce pot, add 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil, the green bell pepper, the red bell pepper and the mushrooms. Cook over medium heat until the vegetables begin to brown slightly.Add the Mamma Lombardi’s Marinana Sauce, salt and freshly ground black pepper and simmer for approximately 12 minutes.
Grill chicken breasts until thoroughly cooked and juicy. Place on a serving tray and ladle the sauce over the chicken. Top with grated romano cheese and serve.