- 8 ounces fresh ground beef
- 4 ounces fresh onion, diced small
- 6 leaves of fresh basil
- 16 ounces Mamma Lombardi’s Tomato Sauce
- 1 ounce extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces grated romano cheese
- 1 lb. of your favorite pasta
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place a 2-quart sauce pot over medium heat. Add extra virgin olive oil, onion and ground beef. Sautee until meat turns light brown, approximately 7 minutes. Add Mamma Lombardi’s Tomato Sauce and simmer the flavors together for about 15 minutes. Add basil, salt and pepper. Simmer for another 5 to 10 minutes.
Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add 1lb pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta well, and toss in a bowl with the sauce. Top with grated romano cheese and serve.